Saturday, April 6, 2013

Batman vs. Predator pages

This assignment was a really cool assignment our first one actually of the semester. It holds a special place for me because of personal reasons (read here) but let's get to it.

First the thumbnails. This is actually the most difficult part, since this is where the storytelling comes alive. After coming up with some decent layouts I proceed to do the digital roughs on a Wacom Intuos 3 for both pages.

It is very important to always, always look for reference pictures, specially if its something you have no idea what it looks like or in this case, a city such as Gotham City. The city is a character on its own so you can't just draw New York, you have to draw Gotham.

Roughs 2nd page





The next step is to print them full size in blue lines, this way I can do the pencils on the actual page. I used to do the light box thing, but this is just more convenient, since it saves me 1 step.



This time I tried some sound effects on the actual page instead of letting the letterer do the job. I did some sketches first.



Final stage is the inking stage, which I have to practice much more by the way. I experimented a lot on this pages, specially on the first one. I learned a thing or two.

 That's it! Piece of cake right?

All comments are welcome and encouraged. See you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment