Monday, April 25, 2011

Art Jam 9: Morrigan Aensland

eldropper's version


2 weeks ago, the Art Jam subject changed suddenly from dudes to babes so, we obviously picked Morrigan as our subject of study. I did my piece and EdsFox did his, and as usual , we colored each other's drawing. But he requested as a personal favor that my coloring this time was more of a painted style, instead of comic book-ish. This was indeed a challenge for me, but I wasn't gonna back out of it. At the end he liked my work. 

But, I did wanted to color mine too, because I just thought that a Cell Shaded look it would end up being perfect for the drawing. Here is how it ended up.

Artline (by me)

Edsfox Version (full view pls!)

And here is Edsfox lines colored by me in a painted style. 


At the end, it doesn't matter which is your style, or what techniques you use, what matters is that you feel right doing it and that you like the result of your work. I't doesn't have to be perfect, it is just another step closer to achieving your goal of becoming a better artist.

I'll update this post with a video of the sketching of the art line later on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment