Sunday, June 3, 2012

Closing the Gap

Ever since I decided to do everything in my power to become a better artist, I've tried to help anyone that wants to pursue the same career path. I think that you can always learn something from somebody, if it is someone that is just beginning or someone that has been in the game for a while. You simply cannot say that you are an accomplished artist that knows what the deal is.

And specially when I talk to people that are starting at this, they seem to share a little bit of sene of disappointment at the beginning, because you are dying to produce awesome-jaw-dropping-juicy-delicious art that can inspire other people, and the fact is that, at least for the first years you will try your best to do so, only to find out that, for the most part your are not completely satisfied with your work. This can be frustrating, believe me I know, we all have been there.

That is why when I found this video, somehow it just clicked with all the right words and in the right tone. From now on I will have a solid message to share with all of my friends and future artists, because this is what it is all about.    

This is an excerpt of a longer interview made to Ira Glass, an american public radio personality, and host and producer of the radio and television show This American Life.

So here it is: http://vimeo.com/24715531 

And here is part 3 of 4 parts of the whole interview.


No comments:

Post a Comment