Friday, February 25, 2011

Art Jam Numero dos: Ryu

First Ryu ever. Honest.


I went to my favorite Starbucks with my buddy EdsFox for an Art Jam. In my book this means Laptops + Tablets + coffee + good looking women = fun. This is the second time we get together to jam, and the idea is to keep doing it and inspire more people to join us.

While the first time we talked and discussed several subjects related to illustration, we pretty much did our own thing. This time we came up with a set of  rules to make it more interesting:

1. We had only 30 min. to draw
2. We would have to draw the same character. (in this case Ryu)
3. We would have to use the same software (in this case Photoshop CS5)
4. Once finished the sketch, each one had to color each other's drawing.

I tried to draw as fast as I could keeping the lines loose keeping that sketchy look, even though it was being done in Photoshop.

It was fun! Of course we extended the time up to 50 min (just cuz we wanted a little bit more detail, and we didn't finish the color part, but we will continue next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment