Monday, February 7, 2011

The Comic Book Convention


Here in my hometown, ever since I was old enough to admire comics in more than a semi-serious kind of way, I remember that I always wanted to go to The Comic Book Convention. It takes place twice a year and it was a really exciting event to attend to. In the beginning it was very small and modest, but later on it got bigger and... not so much better. Anyway. The point is that I never really imagined that I would be on the other side of those booths, the artists side of the convention.

Fast forward to March 2010, the weekend of my birthday to be exact. That was the day all the work and effort that we had put in the project paid off. We had completed the 1st issue of Sevenfold: Legends in War. It had been a very short period of time to put together a comic but we did it. Sure it had many many things that could have been improved, but even then, the important thing was to start. Surely enough, as in many things in life, everything should get better as time pases.

One thing I should point out, was the fact that this comic was the first experience for every person in the team, so it was bound to have many flaws and room for improvement. With that being said, I was never happy with the way it was colored, I was only responsible for the pencils and the character design in the book, but in the overall development, I think it was a decent job under the circumstances.

I know this is a blog about the process of making art, so here are some pics of that day, which was kind of important to realize several thins about the business, its people and my future as an artist.

 



Also, I have never mention before this, but if you have any questions or comments about anything at all, please don't hesitate to do so. I would love to know what you think, even it if I have to wait for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment