Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Issue No. 1.

The main characters for the first Issue of my first comic project were authorized. I was getting to like the story a lot, it involved mythical creatures, angels demons and some other cool stuff. It was time to really get back on the horse. The truth was, I haven't drawn anything before that point for the past 5 or 6 years (I got into being an art director for an Advertising Agency, [pretty good one too]) and I was pretty rusty. But I had the will and the desire to do this. I started right in penciling the pages based on story boards drawn by some one else, so it saved me some time. Time, it seemed, was a resource artists do not have the luxury of.
It was only one week after I had completed only 2 or 3 pages when Ed, the writer of the comic told me:
-Dude, I got us a spot on the Comic Book Convention!- Great! I thought. But that's in March, meaning 2 months from now. And we dont have a comic book yet...

The Horror.

So I got into hyper speed mode, sleeping just enough hours and drawing the rest of the time. It was here where I really grasped the mechanics of what I lacked or better yet what I needed to improve in order to be able to do this faster and more practical. But in the mean time, it was draw or die. And I'm still here.

These are some of the first pages of Issue 1. I can't believe it was a year ago, there are many many mistakes that I see now, but right then and there that was my 110% all the way. I'll tell you more about the process of drawing the comic pages and how that process has improved dramatically since then.

 

2 comments:

  1. So it's been a year already?
    I recall those thumbs...I'm pretty sure that you have strenghtened your drawing skills after all those barbaric penciling/inking sessions.

    By the way, that's the only way the right/left side of your brain will dictate your hand how to ellaborate more of those magnificent masterpieces...that's for sure!!

    KEEP DOIN' IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to Unc. Thera are interesting things happening, I'll tell you all about it when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete